Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All the Rage: The Sequel

Time out from the raging debate on martini ecumenism for some rank self-promotion. My essay on anger, “All the Rage,” which was a cover story in the Utne Reader a year or so ago, is back. It’s been selected as one of the readings in the new edition of Annual Editions: Psychology, which I’m told is a pretty widely used college psych text.

And in other anger news: From America's Dairyland, comes this link to an hour-long interview I did recently on Wisconsin Public Radio, also all about the “All the Rage” piece. Who knew that Wisconsin was so into anger? Badgers, explain yourselves.

6 comments:

  1. A google search of "angry badger" comes up with nearly a million hits (and some pretty great pictures). Maybe our neighbors to the north do have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 3,720 hits for "pissed-off cheesehead."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be angry if I had to live in Wisconsin.
    *rimshot*

    ReplyDelete
  4. But just for the sake of argument, shouldn't the presence of the world-famous Mustard Museum in Mt. Horeb command a little respect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I suppose it should. As should the Wisconsin Opry and and the Don Q. Inn (look it up - it's amazing) and a few other strange and wonderful sites scattered about the state. Confession: my dislike of the state has a lot to do with the number of speeding tickets I've received there. Stupid Cheesehead coppers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget House on the Rock! And FYI, Lass, I got yelled at for speeding on a bicycle in Wisconsin once. No ticket though, seeing as I didn't have a motor.

    ReplyDelete