Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alt-Maps

Growing tired of your geographical reality? Change it without moving an inch by checking out this NewGeography essay about alternative maps. It worked for me. All these years, I thought I’ve been living in Illinois. But it turns out that, according to at least one of the maps discussed, I’ve been living in Foundry, one of the “nine nations of North America.”

Or better yet, refer to the Surrealist Map of the World, which does away with most of us altogether.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about living in Foundry, but I'm not entirely unhappy to learn that when the revolution comes, I'll be living in Canada. Beats an address in a state governed by the city of Talladega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, it appears that Austin is split in half between Breadbasket and Mexamerica...but soon we'll be part of Mexico (again) and that will be moot.

    ReplyDelete