Monday, February 12, 2007

Supporting Your Police

In honor of the Police reunion on the Grammys last night, I dug out my old LP copy of "Zenyatta Mondatta," recently rescued from my mother’s basement. It was in a box full of LPs, records that I hadn’t seen or thought about in decades. Going through that box was a wince-making experience. Does anything make a person question his own discernment more than rummaging through an old record collection?

Jean-Luc Ponty? What was I thinking?

We still listen to a lot of LPs in our house, but I don’t think Zenyatta is going to find its way into the regular rotation. Still, it’s nice to know that if I ever need to hear “Canary in a Coal Mine,” it’s at my fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. Is it true that Joel Caithamer did back up on that album?

    ReplyDelete